Monday, October 21, 2013

Site News

Hello, everyone.

We're about three months into this project and a little more than 10% finished with the reading, which is honestly really exciting to me. So far, I've knocked off the Harry Potter series, as well as sundry other books scattered around the library. The number of books I'm still looking at is a little daunting at times, but I know that I'm going to be able to make it through them.

A little site news:
Last week I took a trip to Rhode Island and spent one day tracking down Lovecraft sites in Providence, as well as a day trip up to Concord to see Thoreau and Emerson sites. In the near future, I'll post an essay about each trip, the sites I saw, and the feeling of standing at the grave of one of the writers who has had a greater influence on me than possibly any other person in human history.

Halloween is coming up! October 31st will be a spooky Halloween review binge, I'm looking at at least three reviews for that day, possibly more.

Finally, November is going to be a very exciting month for Mr. Cheddar reviews. I'll be doing the first of two planned Beat Generation marathons. More details to follow.

-Mr. Cheddar

No comments:

Post a Comment